If you have any queries about the policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your questions
Introduction and General Terms
ED Group is bound by Jersey’s data protection legislation and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information ED Group may collect from you, or that you provide to ED Group, will be processed by ED Group.
- Social media or official ED Group content on other websites
- Any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence in person.
We take the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously and will only use your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice or as we may otherwise inform you from time to time.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
Please read the following statements carefully to understand Oakridge’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how ED Group will treat it.
Who are we?
All information is collected and retained by ED Group, a company registered in the British Virgin Islands with company registration number 678722 whose registered office is at 4th Floor, 1 IFC, Jersey, JE2 3BX (“ED Group”).
What information will ED Group collect about me?
ED Group may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, date and time of your visit, operating system, browser type, the URLs of websites that referred you to the website and the path that you take through the website. This is for the purposes of obtaining statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
ED Group may use and/or process personal information held about you for any reasonable purpose including but not limited to the following:
- facilitating the administration of our business, clients and/or our service providers;
- communicating with you as necessary in connection with our services;
- monitoring and recording, including of telephone and electronic communications, system use and transactions, for:
- quality, business analysis, training and related purposes in order to improve service delivery and/or to monitor adherence to our internal staff policies and procedures; and
- for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of any unlawful act (or omission to act) or in the wider public interest;
- disclosing your personal information to any bank or financial institution in providing our services;
- to enforce or defend our legal and contractual rights or those of third party service providers;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us;
- collecting, processing, transferring and storing customer due diligence, source of funds information and verification data under applicable anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws and regulations; and
- liaising with or reporting to any regulatory authority (including tax authorities) with whom we are either required to co-operate or report to, or with whom we decide or deem it is appropriate to co-operate.
ED Group may disclose your personal information to any participating member of the ED Group of companies and, by extension, their respective employees where such disclosure assists in achieving any of the purposes set forth above. ED Group may also disclose your personal information to third parties where those third parties are contracted to assist ED Group to deliver ED Group’s services. This includes providers of platforms which allow ED Group and its directors, officers and employees to securely execute any documents relating to the management and administration of structures where such documents include your personal information.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access and any access request may be subject to a fee to meet ED Group’s costs in providing details of the information ED Group holds about you. You acknowledge and agree that ED Group may discharge its obligation without providing copies of all or any personal data. You have the right to get any inaccurate information about you corrected.
ED Group will keep all personal information which is not publicly available confidential unless:
- you consent to disclose of information;
- it is required to disclose it under any applicable law or pursuant to an order of a competent court, government department or regulatory authority;
- it is required to disclose it for the purposes of any legal or regulatory requirement binding on it;
- such disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the course of any report under applicable anti-money laundering/countering terrorist financing legislation, anti-bribery/anti-corruption legislation or automatic exchange of information regulations;
- it considers that such disclosure is necessary in order to defend itself against any claim threatened or brought against it by any person; or
- it is working with other advisers on your behalf and, in its opinion, it necessary, desirable or appropriate to disclose information them in furtherance of the provision of its services, unless you expressly instruct it otherwise.
This website contains links to other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that ED Group does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long will ED Group keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with ED Group. In the case of marketing communications, your data will be held for as long as is set out in the data receipt you will have received when giving your consent for us to use your data. If you delete your account in any of ED Group’s subsidiaries’ websites your personal information is deleted in timeframes in accordance with local laws, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your ED Group account, please see the deletion section below.
For a list of all data categories and retention periods, please contact email@example.com.
Can I find out what personal information ED Group holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information ED Group holds about you, restrict its processing, request any inaccuracies be corrected or for your information to be transferred to a third party.
We will require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct, transfer or delete personal information about you on our files.
The views and opinions of ED Group Directors and employees published on social networking websites such as, but not limited to; linkedin.com twitter.com and facebook.com do not necessarily reflect those of ED Group. Social networking website posts are not intended as legal or financial advice and should not be relied on as such. Reference to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by ED Group, Nor shall any information or statements contained on social networking websites be used for the purposes of advertising, or to imply an endorsement or recommendation. With respect to any documents available from social networking websites, neither ED Group nor any of its employees make any warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, neither ED Group nor any of its employees assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed; nor do they represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
The copyright in this website is owned by ED Group. The pages in this site may be viewed, copied and printed but any copying or printing of the pages or of any part of the pages must include the copyright notice or must otherwise ED Group as the owner of the copyright.
By using this website and / or our services you acknowledge having received and read this Privacy Notice
You have the right to complain about the way in which we process your data. If you wish to do so, please contact your national data privacy supervisory authority
ED Group will provide you with choices regarding certain use of your personal data, particularly around marketing and advertising. ED Group may contact you by email or other means to inform you about news, market updates, services or events which we think may be of interest to you.
You have the right to ask ED Group to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by adjusting your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ED Group has put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
ED Group has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
When you visit the site we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies.
- so that you will not have to re-enter your details each time you visit the site
- to track how the Site is used and to improve and update our content
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies and you should be able to restrict or disable them if you wish by adjusting the settings on your browser. This will however affect your use of the areas of our site that use persistent cookies, such as the login areas. We do not use ‘spyware’, that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace your activities. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to restrict or disable cookies, see the IAB website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
This is a Google analytics cookie and is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.
This is a Google analytics cookie, used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
This is a Google session cookie, used to distinguish users.
This is a Google session cookie, used to distinguish users. Default expiration time: 24 hours
This is a cookie to determine if the register pop up form should display. If a visitor has already seen the pop up then the ‘pop’ cookie is set and the visitor will not see the pop up form.
This cookie protects against Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF). A CSRF attack forces a logged-on victim’s browser to send a forged HTTP request, including the victim’s session cookie and any other automatically included authentication information, to a vulnerable web application. This allows the attacker to force the victim’s browser to generate requests the vulnerable application thinks are legitimate requests from the victim.
Tracks the last 5 pages viewed by the user, and is used primarily for redirection after logging in etc. Affects guests and logged in users.
Every time the state is updated (the page reloaded) the last activity is set to the current datetime. Used to determine expiry. This is essential for logged in users, but not for guests – it is set for both.
Sets the datetime that the user last visited the site, and is set for both guests and logged in users. If not set, is automatically set to 10 years ago. Affects guests and logged in users.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data we process, you have the right to:
- request access your personal data;
- request correction of your personal data;
- request restriction of the use of your personal data;
- request your personal data is erased; and
- object to processing of your personal data.
Where we have relied on consent or our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you choose to do so, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above please contact the DPO.